The most advanced WordPress forms plugin. Go beyond contact forms with our drag & drop form builder for surveys, quizzes, and more.
The Most Powerful WordPress form builder plugin on the market
We built Formidable Forms to offer the “first-ever” solutions-focused WordPress form plugin on the market. You can use our drag & drop WordPress form builder plugin to create a contact form, survey, quiz, registration form, payment form, email marketing, or calculator form. Build just about anything you can imagine.
At Formidable, creating the most extendable online form builder plugin is our #1 priority. Unlike other WordPress form maker plugins, we believe in pushing the limits. We want to give you the tools to save time and create complex custom forms quickly!
Before we explore the features of the powerful Formidable contact form builder plugin, you should know that Formidable is 100% mobile responsive. Your WordPress forms will always look great on all devices (desktop, laptop, tablets, and smartphones).
Plus, we have optimized Formidable for speed and maximum server performance. We can confidently say that this is one of the FASTEST WordPress form builders on the market.
Formidable Forms Pro
This form builder plugin is the free version of Formidable that comes with all the features you will ever need. Build an advanced email subscription form, multi-page form, file upload form, quiz, or a smart form with conditional logic. Stack on repeater fields, payment integrations, form templates, relationships, cascading dropdown fields. Don’t forget the calculated fields, front-end form editing, and powerful WordPress Views to display data in web applications.
With Formidable, you get far more than just a contact form.
Click here to purchase the most advanced premium WordPress form builder plugin now!
You can start with our pre-built templates or create totally custom forms from scratch. All with an easy-to-use drag & drop form maker interface.
Let’s take a look at all the powerful features for making an amazing lead form, survey form, poll, subscription form, request a quote form, donation form, user registration form, or payment form.
Drag & Drop Form Maker and Advanced Form Builder
The Formidable drag & drop form builder allows you to quickly build unlimited surveys, quizzes, price calculators, and whatever else you want.
Our form maker comes with all the powerful fields that you need to create a solution-focused form, fast!
Complete Entry Management for Web Forms and Surveys
Formidable allows you to view all your quiz and survey entries right from your WordPress dashboard. When a user submits a web form, it’s stored in your WordPress database so you won’t lose any leads.
It’s a 100% GDPR-friendly form generator. You can turn off IP tracking or stop saving submissions entirely. Or add a GDPR checkbox field to your lead forms and payment forms to collect consent.
Need to import your leads to an external service like MailChimp? No problem. Export leads to a CSV, open it in Excel, or import anywhere.
You can also configure unlimited email notifications and autoresponders triggered by submissions.
On top of that, you can easily customize the success message after a contact form is submitted, or redirect visitors to another page.
The Only Form Maker Plugin with an Advanced Styler
With our built-in styler, you can instantly customize the look and feel of your contact form. With just a few clicks, your email form can be transformed to match your website design.
By default, a single styling template is created. If you want a custom form style for each footer and sidebar form, check out the premium version of Formidable.
Build Smart Surveys with Beautiful Reports
Formidable comes with a built-in survey feature (like Survey Monkey, but without the high costs), so you can quickly create powerful surveys with Net Promoter Scores (NPS), Likert fields, star ratings, image radio buttons, and more.
Beautiful reports will be waiting, or create your own customized graphs. Our graphs and reports will help you analyze and showcase data. We believe that data alone does no good if you can’t analyze it. That’s why we make it easy to analyze data from a survey, quiz, or price calculator.
You can even showcase data on the front-end of your website. Just embed graphs in your WordPress posts or pages.
The best part is that you can do this all without any third-party tools.
Quickly Create an Advanced WordPress Registration Form for Any Use Case
Whether you need to create a youth sports team, event, or church retreat registration, Formidable has you covered. Unlike other form plugins, Formidable comes with a repeater field that allows you to create the best registration forms.
Then, our marketing integrations and APIs can send the data anywhere you want.
Accept Credit Cards and Easily Collect Payments
By now, you probably already realize the theme that Formidable is more than just a WordPress contact form plugin. You can use it to create a payment form to accept credit card payments right from your website.
We offer seamless integration with PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net, so you can create an order form, donation form, or purchase form with our drag & drop form builder.
You can even use the plugin to create a WooCommerce form with custom fields.
Make Data-Driven Web Applications with a Formidable View
Formidable Views are by far the most powerful feature that makes Formidable far more than just a contact form builder plugin. Views allow you to flexibly display any submitted data on the front-end of your website.
Our customers use Formidable Views to create data-driven web applications. We see real estate listings, employment listings, event calendars, business or member directories, job boards, and other searchable databases.
As you can see, Formidable is not your average contact form plugin. It’s a true all-in-one WordPress form solution.
Increase Sales with WooCommerce Product Order Forms
Formidable is the only WordPress form builder plugin that offers extensive integration with WooCommerce orders.
Our goal is to empower you to build powerful WooCommerce product order forms, so you can increase your store sales.
You can add a WooCommerce product configurator with custom calculation fields. Then automatically send the order info to the WooCommerce cart with variable pricing options.
Make Powerful Quiz Forms & Calculators
In addition to a simple order form, you can also create quizzes or web calculators.
More on quizzes later, but here are some example online calculators that you can quickly add to your WordPress site:
- Advanced Mortgage Calculator
- Basic Mortgage Calculator
- Car Payment Calculator
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) Survey
- BMI Calculator and more Health and Fitness Calculators
- User Age Calculator
- Online Quote Calculator
- Finance Calculator
- Booking Cost Calculator
- Price Calculator
… and our powerful calculated fields allow you to build just about anything.
You can also create a poll, or survey on your WordPress site and display the results. This is great for membership sites, LMS, or just for viral quizzes to grow your email list.
Now you can go beyond a simple contact form plugin and create custom form-based solutions without any code.
Create a WordPress User Registration Form, Profile Form, and More
If you run a WordPress membership site, then you need a form maker that allows you to customize your WordPress user registration form and collect data with a user profile.
With our front-end editing, you can build a custom profile form for users to keep their profile up to date. You can even progressively add to the profile from a set of forms. Everything from the first lead form to the last payment form can extend the user profile. Once logged in, all new submissions in a quiz, or support form can be linked to that user account.
You will not find any other WordPress form plugin offering a front-end editing solution with the same level of extendability.
All the Advanced Fields and Features You Need to Grow Your Business
Formidable goes far above and beyond with features like multi-page forms, save and continue, cascading form fields, powerful conditional logic. Then add partial submissions, invisible spam protection, front-end user post submission, calculated fields, user-tracking, quizzes, and so much more. Additionally, our Payment fields will help you create an order form, donation form, booking form, or other payment form.
We’re on a mission to offer an all-in-one solution-focused WordPress form plugin. This way you don’t have to install 5 plugins alongside your form maker to do everything you want.
Extend and Customize – Developer’s Dream Come True
Formidable is the WordPress form plugin of choice for smart developers, freelancers, and agencies. It helps you build complex solutions and simple forms quickly to defy the limits imposed by time and knowledge.
Our goal is to help you build complex websites with low overhead. That’s why we made Formidable the most extendable WordPress form builder plugin on the market. We want to make it possible for anyone to defy gravity and build anything.
A Formidable View allows you to display data anywhere, so you can quickly create data-driven web applications.
On top of that, our hooks and filters allow you to extend Formidable to meet your most advanced needs. We even include hundreds of code examples in our docs to give you the confidence to get started.
Full Feature List
Since Formidable is not your average WordPress form plugin, this feature list is going to be very long. Read through it, or just install the most powerful WordPress form maker. Your choice 🙂
- Online drag and drop form builder. Build everything from an email form to a price calculator or complex online form. Make awesome quiz forms and online forms the easy way with a simple WordPress drag and drop form maker. You don’t have to be a code ninja to get fields in a row.
- Display data with Views. Other WordPress form builder plugins only let you collect data. Formidable lets you format, filter, and display submissions in Formidable Views to create solutions. Think job boards, event calendars, business directories, ratings systems, management solutions, and pretty much anything else you can come up with.
- Repeating field groups (repeaters). This is great for a registration form, application, or email form.
- Drag and drop multiple file upload forms. Easily upload documents, files, photos, and music, with any number of files. This is great for a job application form (resumes), WordPress User Profile Form (avatars), or get a quote form.
- Multi-step forms with progress bars. Want to increase conversion rates and collect more leads? Create beautiful paged forms with rootline and progress indicators. Add conditional pages for a smart branching form.
- Cascading lookup fields. Autofill values in other fields or drill down through options to reveal a final value. Designed for year/make/model chained fields in auto forms and country/state/city fields. Lookup fields can even get a price from another product form.
- Datepicker fields with advanced datepicker options including blackout dates, dynamic minimum and maximum dates, and inline calendars. Datepickers are great for email forms, basic online booking, and event registration.
- Dynamic field relationships. Populate fields and link data between multiple fields. This helpful in to link employment applications to a job, quizzes to a class, an event registration to an event, or a sports registration to a team.
- Add password fields with a password strength meter in a WordPress user registration form, profile form, or change password form.
- Collect reviews with star ratings for feedback, recipe ratings, product review, event rating, and customer testimonial forms. Then share your ratings with Formidable Views.
- Confirmation fields. Double check email addresses or passwords and prevent typos from causing lost leads.
- Conditional logic for smart forms. Show or hide fields based on user selections or user roles, simplify, and increase conversion rates.
- Send email notifications & autoresponders. Let clients know you received their message. Then create customized email notifications for multiple recipients and get info from an email form to those who need it.
- Email routing. Conditionally send multiple autoresponder emails and notifications based on values in email forms, user registration forms, and payment forms.
- Pricing fields for easy eCommerce forms with automatic price calculations. Drop in a product field, quantity, and total and you’re good to go.
- Calculator forms. Create complex calculations and combine text from multiple fields. This is great for a mortgage calculator, auto loan calculator, and more. Price calculations give site visitors easy quotes and price estimates. We recommend range sliders too, for calculator forms your clients will love.
- Visual style creator. Our form creator allows you to custom brand calculator forms, email forms, quiz forms, and other WP forms to match your site. Change colors, borders, font sizes, and more without any code.
- Flexible layout design. Build mobile responsive forms and advanced layouts with multiple fields in a row with our CSS layout classes.
- Mobile-friendly, responsive forms. All of our WP forms are sized for any screen size. Ensure that everyone can use your surveys, calculator forms, and Stripe forms on any device.
- User submitted front-end posts and pages. Create and edit WordPress posts, pages, and custom post types from front-end online forms. Send user-generated content quickly from a post creation form to a page.
- Simple entry management. Flexibly display, edit, and delete entries. Let logged-in users can manage their personal journal entries, weight tracking, guest blog posts, RSVP status, and more.
- WordPress front-end editing. Allow users to edit their entries and posts from the front-end of your site. Create an online journaling platform, member directory, classified ads, community recipes, and more.
- Logged-in users can save and continue partial submissions. Whether it’s a basic email form or a long multi-paged registration form, users can save progress and pick up where they left off.
- Graphs and charts for data visualization. Display statistics from a survey, poll, and questionnaire. Or graph data in a variety of ways. Whatever you choose, it will update as new data is submitted (great for weight tracking over time).
- Permissions. Lock visibility and access based on user role.
- Entry limits. Limit surveys, registration forms, bookings, quizzes, or directory submissions to only allow one entry per user, IP, or cookie.
- Form scheduling. Open and close event registration and signup forms on a specific date. Or close registration forms when the seat limit has been reached.
- Conditionally redirect after a custom search form, payment form, feedback form, support ticket form, quiz, or other online form is submitted. Help clients find the answers they need and show a tailored result based on their selections or calculated fields.
- We give you access to customize the HTML (like Contact Form 7). But you keep the ease and speed of a drag & drop form builder plugin. Our team labors for simplicity without sacrificing flexibility.
- Import and export submissions, styles, and views. Quickly move your work and entries to another site. Need to export leads to another service? Done.
- Form templates for instant form building. Get started quickly with the most advanced form creator that includes form templates and style templates. Our WordPress form generator makes it FAST to build job application forms, calculator forms, and other types of online forms.
- Import our pre-built form templates as a shortcut to a final product. Our growing form template library includes payment forms, a WooCommerce product creator, and more.
- WCAG accessible forms with A11Y and ADA compliance. Ensure your survey, lead capture form, quizzes, and other online forms are compliant and available to everyone. Allow those using screenreaders to successfully use your WordPress site.
- Invisible SPAM protection. Don’t waste time sorting through SPAM. Get instant and powerful anti-spam features from honeypot, invisible Google reCAPTCHA, Akismet, and the WordPress comment blacklist.
- Fill fields automatically with values from the user profile or posts (i.e. custom fields). When a user is logged in, fill known values like name and email address.
- White label. Replace our branding with your own in the admin area. Plus, we never show “powered by” links in your free online form.
- WordPress user registration forms. Register WordPress users, edit profiles, reset passwords, and add a login form. You can even allow users to create new subdomains with WordPress multisite forms.
- Digital signature forms. Eliminate paper forms with a digital signature field in contracts, application forms and more.
- Form action automation. Schedule email notifications, SMS messages, and webhooks to trigger later. You can automatically delete guest posts after 30 days, send weekly digests, or trigger happy birthday text messages from a lead form.
- Forms API. Send submissions to other REST APIs and add a set of webhooks. This includes the option to send submissions from one site to another.
- Quiz maker forms. Write your quiz form questions, submit an entry as the quiz key, and publish the quiz on a page. Then all the quiz grading is automatically done for you with our quiz plugin.
- World class support. Have questions on how to use our form maker or set up your web application? We are happy to help. Our passion is to help you defy the limits to take on bigger projects, earn more clients, and grow your business.
Payment Forms, APIs, and Marketing Integrations
In addition to all the features listed above, power up your email forms, surveys, and quizzes with these integrations.
- PayPal Payment Forms. Automate your business by collecting instant payments and recurring payments from clients. Collect information and calculate a total in a PayPal form or donation form.
- Stripe Payment Forms. Keep users on your site while collecting Stripe payments from a credit card form. Select from one time and recurring charges in order forms and donation forms. Stripe processes payments with simple PCI compliance.
- Authorize.net AIM Payment Forms. Process one-time payments in order forms and price calculators with Authorize.net AIM. For recurring payments or easier security compliance, we recommend Stripe.
- WooCommerce product configurator. Add custom fields to a WooCommerce product order form and collect extra data when a product is added to the cart. Use calculations in your WooCommerce form for variable pricing and upload files with orders.
- MailChimp Forms. Add and update leads in a MailChimp email marketing list from a lead form, online order, or email form.
- Constant Contact. Create leads automatically in Constant Contact with a newsletter signup form.
- GetResponse Forms. Collect leads and add them to GetResponse, and trigger GetResponse marketing automations.
- AWeber Forms. Subscribe users to an AWeber mailing list when a newsletter signup form is submitted.
- MailPoet Newsletters. Fill your email marketing lists from newsletter signup forms. Then send WordPress newsletters from your own site using MailPoet.
- Highrise. Add leads to your Highrise CRM account any time a WordPress form is submitted.
- Salesforce Forms. Create leads and any other Salesforce objects automatically.
- ActiveCampaign. Pull double duty with the ActiveCampaign integration. Save leads from a donation form, post creation form, user registration form, or email form.
- HubSpot Forms. Route lead data to HubSpot CRM.
- Twilio for SMS Forms. Collect feedback, votes and poll responses via SMS text or send SMS notifications when entries are submitted. Get notified instantly when a payment form is completed, or let your leads know you received their message.
- WPML Multilingual Forms. Translate your WordPress forms into multiple languages using our integrated multilingual forms.
- Polylang. Get the form creator with Polylang bilingual or multilingual contact forms.
- Zapier. Connect with thousands of applications through Zapier from a lead form, quote form, and other web forms. Insert a new row in a Google docs spreadsheet, post on Twitter, or upload a Dropbox file from a feedback form.
- Bootstrap Form Styles. Instantly add Bootstrap form styling to a survey form and registration form.
- Bootstrap Modal Form. Open login forms, Views, shortcodes, and other content in a Bootstrap modal popup.
After reading this feature list, you can probably imagine why Formidable is the most advanced WordPress form plugin on the market.
Give Formidable Forms a try.
Want to unlock the full power? Upgrade to Pro to get all the features for smart forms and full web applications.
This online form builder plugin is created by Steve and Steph Wells and the amazing Strategy11 Team.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Formidable Form Builder - Contact Form, Survey & Quiz Forms Plugin for WordPress
- Go to the Plugins -> ‘Add New’ page in your WP admin area
- Search for ‘Formidable’
- Click the ‘Install Now’ button
- Activate Formidable through the ‘Plugins’ menu
- Go to the newly added ‘Formidable’ menu
- Click the ‘Add New’ button to go to the form generator page and create a new email form
- Insert your newly created user registration form, quiz, or survey form on a page or post using the Embed Form pop up. Or insert it manually or into a widget using a shortcode [formidable id=x]. Alternatively use
<?php echo FrmFormsController::show_form(2); ?>to add it in a page template.
How do I get started with the best form builder for WordPress?
The fastest way to build a form is to use the template we built for you. After you activate Formidable, insert [formidable id=contact-form] on the WordPress page of your choice.
Go to the Formidable page and click “add new”. Choose the Contact Us form template or another free template and click “Create”.
Next, edit or create a WordPress contact page. Click the “Formidable” button to open the shortcode generator. Choose your new Stripe form, quiz, or web form and insert it into the WordPress page. Save the page for a beautiful WP contact form, ready to collect and store your leads. The contact form template will get you up and running fast.
Why isn’t WordPress sending emails?
When you do not receive emails, try the following steps:
- Double check the email address in your Email action on the settings page. The [admin_email] shortcode uses the email address from your WordPress Settings -> General page.
- Are receiving other emails from your site (ie comment notifications, forgot password…)? If not, notification emails will not work either.
- Check your SPAM box.
- Try a different email address in your settings.
- Install WP Mail SMTP or another similar emailing plugin and configure the SMTP settings.
- If these steps don’t fix the problem and other WP emails are not going out, please reach out to your web host.
Read more about WordPress emails not sending in our blog.
What types of WordPress forms can I build?
The Formidable drag & drop form builder combined with our add-ons is the most powerful form maker on the market. Here are some types of web forms you can create:
- Custom Contact Form
- Multi-Page Form with progress bar
- Dynamic Form (where fields change based on user’s answers)
- Request a Quote Form
- Job Applications
- Feedback Surveys
- Make a Suggestion
- Change Requests
- Online Booking
- Event Booking
- Online RSVP Form
- Custom WordPress User Registration Form (Great for membership sites)
- WordPress Login Form
- Custom WordPress User Profile
- WordPress Post Submission (Great for guest posts)
- Credit Card Payment
- Make a Donation Form
- T-Shirt Order Form
- Product Purchase Form
- Lead Capture
- Newsletter Signup Form
- Auto Form with Car Make and Model
- Video Release
- Partnership Agreements
- PTO Request
- Online Petitions
- Signature Form
- Maintenance Request
- Scholarship Applications
- File Download Form
- Employment Verification
- Make a Referral
- Volunteer Registration
- Membership Registration
- Event Registration
- Vendor Registration
- School Class Registration
- Course Registration
- Customer Registration
- Conference Registration
- Sports Registration
- Camp Registration
- Custom Survey
- Members Only Contact Form
- Mortgage Calculator
- Car Payment Calculator
- BMI Calculator
- User Age Calculator
- Online Quote Calculator
- Compound Interest Calculator
- Amortization Calculator
- Calorie Intake Calculator
- Pregnancy Due Date Calculator
- Recipe Reviews
- Personality Quiz
- Viral Quiz
- Cosmos Style Quiz
- Create Your Own Adventure Quiz
To see more, visit our Form Template Gallery which has over 150 pre-made templates.
How can I get access to all advanced features?
To get access to more features, integrations, and support, upgrade to Formidable Pro. A Pro license gives you access to the full version of Formidable for more advanced options, Formidable Views, graphs and stats, priority support, and Formidable Add-ons!
Can I create a Payment Form with Formidable?
Yes! You can create payment and donation forms. We make it easy to accept payments using Stripe, PayPal, and Authorize.net.
Our Stripe integration helps you quickly accept credit card payments online. Our PayPal forms allow you to accept PayPal payments, subscriptions, and donations online.
Which field types does Formidable offer?
Our online form maker comes with all the powerful fields that you need to create a solution-focused form, fast!
- Single line text – Great for name, phone number, address, and more.
- Paragraph text
- Checkboxes and radio buttons
- Dropdown select boxes
- Phone number
- Hidden fields
- User ID
- HTML block – Great for custom HTML
- Google reCAPTCHA (invisible V2 or checkbox V2)
Here is a list of our advanced premium fields that will come in handy:
- File Upload
- Rich Text
- Star Rating – Great for surveys and polls.
- Range Slider
- Dynamic – Great for creating relationships between entries.
- Repeater – Great for registering multiple kids, job history in an application, and much more.
- Summary – Great to review responses before submit.
- Lookup – Great for cascading lookups like country, city, state.
- Section Heading
- Page Break
- Embed Form – Great for reusing the same set of fields in multiple places.
- Password Field – Great for user registration forms.
- Address Field
- Signature – Great for contracts and booking.
- Quiz Score
Additionally, our Payment fields will help you create an order form, donation form, booking form, or other payment form.
- Single Item
- Multiple Items
- Checkbox Items
- Dropdown Items
- Product Quantity
- Total (Price Calculation Field)
- Credit Card (Stripe Form or Authorize.net Form)
Can I import and export?
Yes, it’s easy to import and export. This is incredibly useful for developers and agencies who are building websites for clients. You can also create custom form templates to use on client websites.
You can also import from other WordPress contact form plugins such as Gravity Forms and Pirate Forms. Although we don’t have an importer available, this is also a great Caldera Forms alternative since it’s no longer supported.
Can I integrate with my CRM or email marketing service?
Yes! We know that marketing is the key to grow your business. That’s why Formidable allows you to connect your WP form, or payment form, with the marketing platform of your choice. You can easily send data from WordPress to your favorite CRM, email newsletter, and other marketing platforms.
Here is a list of our popular marketing integrations:
- Constant Contact
- Active Campaign
- Salesforce CRM
- HubSpot CRM
- Campaign Monitor
Using our Zapier integration, you can easily connect Formidable with over 1000+ marketing apps including:
- Google Sheets
- Zoho CRM
- Zoho Mail
- Zoho Invoice
- Agile CRM
- Infusionsoft by Keap
- Microsoft Excel
- PipeDrive CRM
- Click Funnels
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
- Capsule CRM
- Insightly CRM
- Acuity Scheduling
- Quickbooks Online
See all Formidable Zapier Integrations.
Contributors & Developers
“Formidable Form Builder – Contact Form, Survey & Quiz Forms Plugin for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Formidable Form Builder – Contact Form, Survey & Quiz Forms Plugin for WordPress” has been translated into 13 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- New: Added a new frm_new_form_values filter for customizing the default values of new forms.
- New: Added a new frm_ajax_loaded_field event for listening for loaded fields loaded via AJAX on long forms in the form builder.
- Fix: Custom aria-describedby attribute values were not properly merging with the aria-describedby values added by field descriptions and errors.
- Fix: Imported field data would occasionally break if the new field ids had a different number of digits than the previously imported values.
- Fix: Placeholder text was appearing more transparent in Firefox than in other browsers and has been updated for consistency.
- Fix: Prevent a conflict that was causing the new Form modal to appear on some websites as a blank box without any content.
- Updated the icon for Constant Contact.
- New: RGB and RGBA color values will now be fixed automatically on save if incomplete to avoid broken CSS.
- New: Unlocked application templates now appear at the top of the list of templates.
- New: Improved the responsiveness of the cards on the Application dashboard page.
- Fix: Prevent a conflict with All in One SEO that was preventing CSS from loading at all when the only on applicable pages setting is selected.
- Fix: An unexpected add new button was appearing on a few pages and has been removed.
- Fix: Prevent a fatal error in PHP8 that happens on sites with an unexpected empty string gmt_offset option set.