The Website Accelerator by Astral Internet is a tool that allows you to place certain elements of a site in buffer memory (cache) inside the server. Once the elements are placed buffer of the server, they can be served much faster to people viewing a website.
The website accelerator maximises the Nginx caching feature while offering granular configuration for each site. More information concerning the WSA module is available on this blog “No more slow websites!”.
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Upon installation, the default setting will purge the cache upon each page refresh. This cache be disactivated through the plugin interface in the tool’s menu.
Will this plugin work for me
This plugin will function on servers that have the Website Accelerator installed. If the acceleration module is not installed the module can still be installed and will not break any functionality of the website but will simply be useless.
Contributors & Developers
“WSA – Website Accelerator Cache Purge” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WSA – Website Accelerator Cache Purge” has been translated into 6 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Removed deprecated code
- Fix : Change the way the hook was made to listen to other cache extensions.
- Fixed const for PHP 8.1.
- Updated the WSA module class to the version 1.1.0 (was previouly on version 1.0.0)
- Change the method used to detect if the WSA module is installed. Work will previous version of WSA and with the newer versions 1.1.X
- Removed jQuery dependency, JS is now PureJS
- New name for the plugin.
- Add new namespace on class.
- Removed Swift Performance intergration since it is now included directly in Swift Performance.
- Fixed CloudFlare blocking curl request when using no UserAgent.
- Fixed string match when checking if the module is available on the server.
- Fixed array declaration in PHP 5.3.
- Fixed text domain error for translation.
- Fixed menu links to match the slug change from the official WordPress repo.
- Fixed path regex in wsa main class.
- Fixed jQuery call in interface.
- Hooked into popular existing cache plugin to clear server cache with those plugins
- W3 Total Cache
- Swift Performance
- WP Super Cache
- WP Fastest Cache
- LiteSpeed Cache
- Auto optimise
- Added “before” and “after” hookable event when puring the server cache
- First official version available.