You can display image slides with title, image, author name, date, description, and read more linked to posts from the selected category.
You can order these elements as you wish using the drag & drop mechanism. Slides have a sightly animation effect.
The user may select categories or other taxonomy items. This widget can also display custom post types.
A number of slides are unlimited and you may specify how many slides you want to be visible in the column.
Please check out our DEMO.
Configuration (see screenshot of backend):
- Widget title.
- Post type – enter post type name you want to display posts from.
- Post type taxonomy – enter post type taxonomy name to restrict the data to display.
- Taxonomy – select taxonomy items. You may select specified categories or display items from all categories. Empty taxonomy is not displayed.
- Show archive links below items to give a possibility to read more posts from selected categories.
- Force display sticky posts – applies to post type only, select if you want to include a sticky post to slides.
- Number of items in a row.
- Number of rows.
- Number of all items – total number of slides.
- Show or hide post titles.
- Make post title clickable.
- Choose header tag for titles.
- Creation date – show/hide post creation date, the date format is taken from global settings, display date above or below the title.
- Show or hide the author’s name.
- Show or hide post taxonomy items (a category name)
- Readmore – show/hide read more link.
- Order direction (ascending, descending).
- Ordering type (date, title, most commented).
- Navigation (bullets, none).
- Description limit – enter number of chars for each slide description.
- Image floating (left, right, none).
- Show/hide thumbnail.
- Thumbnail clickable – link the image to the full post
- Interval in milliseconds for a sliding.
- Enable or disable pause on hover.
- Image size from WordPress settings (Settings > Media). You can choose: thumbnail, medium, large
- Grid spacing – space between items.
- Drag and drop to change order of the post elements.
- Upload the ‘wpct-drag-drop-recent-posts’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the ‘Widgets’ page found under the ‘Appearance’ menu item
- Drag ‘WPCT Drag & Drop Recent Posts’ to the target widget area and choose your options
Contributors & Developers
“WPCT Drag & Drop Recent Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed author of the plugin
- Fixed CSS layout after disabling option ‘Post type taxonomies’
- Changed displaying post type taxonomies (inline)
- Removed semicolon after the last of the post type taxonomies
- Initial release