- Build sites for friends and family, build sites for your different business lines, build top quality sites for clients, really QUICKLY.
- EASY as you don’t need to know cPanel, Apache, Linux and PHP to get a professional WordPress installation
- FAST with your website tuned for optimum performance for your users on the public site, and for yourself in the admin panel, by leveraging file compression and browser caching
- SEO with setup of robots.txt, secure Google sitemaps, ping spam protection, nofollow links in the footer and automatic noindexing of your Terms and Privacy pages (just because all your pages on your site link to these standard pages does not mean you want them to rank highest on your site after the home page)
- SMART with the automatic installation of quality plugins, your standard pages such as Contact, Privacy and Terms and Conditions, Social Media Buttons, Database backups, footer copyright and trademark widgets to boost the site’s credibility
- SECURE with strong username and passwords for database and admin access, and your WordPress username is kept completely private.
- WP Whoosh does NOT change the site where you have it installed – IT BUILDS NEW SITES
- Builds sites on any standard cPanel host
- Requires a Whoosh API key as the installation is performed by our servers on your behalf
- Builds sites using WordPress themes: TwentyTen, TwentyEleven, TwentyTwelve and TwentyThirteen
- Builds sites using these popular themes: Atahualpa, CatchBox, Delicate, Graphene, PageLines, PinBoard, Responsive and Suffusion.
- For existing Genesis License holders only, Whoosh builds all the responsive StudioPress Genesis child themes plus a few really cool derivatives.
- Check out our latest theme at http://demo.wpwhoosh.com/henry/
- Lots more themes to come…
Here are some of the useful WP Whoosh WordPress Plugin links
- WP Whoosh Plugin: http://www.wpwhoosh.com/
- Features: http://www.wpwhoosh.com/features/
- Templates: http://www.wpwhoosh.com/templates/
- Demo: http://www.wpwhoosh.com/demo/
- Help: http://www.wpwhoosh.com/help/
- Install WP Whoosh either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- After activating WP Whoosh, you will need to request a Whoosh API key which you will save within the plugin. The API key identifies you to our server which will build your secure WordPress site on your behalf. At this point, you may want to request a PIN if security is important to you.
- Next add your host, choose your template, buy a credit and then click to build your site.
A professional WordPress site with a few clicks. Is it free? No, it is not free, but it is very low cost given the time saved, and the performance and security of the installed site. The cost varies between the cost of a coffee and the cost of meal depending on the WP Whoosh template you choose and which package you buy. See http://www.wpwhoosh.com/pricing/
Will it work for my host? If your host has a standard cPanel then yes it will. The notable exceptions are 1&1 and Godaddy which have non-standard cPanels. For a list of hosts, see http://www.wpwhoosh.com/compatibility/
How does it work? Using the WP Whoosh plugin, you specify the URL of the site you want to build, which template to the use and on which host you want to build the site. The plugin sends this request to our Whoosh server which builds your site on your chosen host in around a minute.
Why do I need and API Key? The API key is required so our Whoosh server can identify you. It is our Whoosh server that does all the heavy lifting which is to add the domain/subdomain to your host, then build and verify the site with all the required security and performance settings.
What is a WP Whoosh Template? A Whoosh Template is an easy, fast and secure installation of WordPress with a specific theme, set of plugins, pages and configuration of widgets. The templates vary from the simple with a few pages, to those that are more involved that say include a membership site with a twelve week course of drip fed content. The idea is the same for any template: all you need to do is add your own content – your logo, your articles, your images and your videos.
How are my host login details kept secure during the installation? All login information is transmitted over HTTPS and is not stored on our servers: it is held in memory only for the duration of the installation which is typically a minute.
How are my host login details kept secure between installations? Host details are encrypted by your PIN so remain obscured even to an administrator of your WordPress site. You can of course simply delete the host details if they are no longer required.
Is WP Whoosh a type of Multi-site WordPress? No, each site you build using WP Whoosh uses a separate, standalone installation of WordPress, and the sites you build can be on different hosts and use different templates.
Can I use Whoosh to tune up security and performance on existing sites? No, not right now – but this is a feature we intend to add in the next couple of months.
Can I create my own templates? Not just yet. The capability to build sites using your own templates, either for your personal use, for your private members, or to sell publicly using WP Whoosh, is part of the Whoosh design framework. We will be rolling out this feature later in 2013.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Whoosh” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- 1.6 Add Database Host so hosts with separate database servers can be accommodated
- 1.5 Minor security fix and update for WordPress 3.6
- 1.4 Improved user interface and added more social media integration
- 1.3 Generates demo-ready sites with no footprint of Whoosh
- 1.2.1 Fix bug when trying to update host details
- 1.2 Enhanced security with your cPanel host details encrypted by your PIN and data transmission secured by HTTPS
- 1.1 Initial Release