Easy External Links is a SEO friendly, external link handler for WordPress.
The current aim of Easy External Links is to standardize the format of external links and create consistent on-page SEO.
- Open external links in a new tab or current tab
- Domain Filtering
- Show icon next to external link (100 icons to chose from)
- External image hosting support
- Add rel=”external nofollow” to external links
- Add title attribute to external links (uses to the text of the link)
- Add target=”_blank” to comment links (rel=”external nofollow” coming soon)
- Add target=”_blank” to external links in excerpts
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit the
Easy External Links Optionspage under settings and adjust advanced settings.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy External Links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Easy External Links” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Preserve class attribute on internal and whitelist URLs
Fixes strpos issue
Removed PHP short tags from all PHP scripts
Added nonce to POST calls to prevent unauthorized access
sanitize_text_field() added to the title shortcode on output
sanitize_text_field() callback added to all register_setting() calls
Added URL whitelist functionality
Fixed issue with internal tags
Added custom structure to link title, found in options under ‘Link Options’ when ‘Add title attribute to external links’ is selected.
Added support for external image hosting. Assists in domain mapping and multi support
img fix and performance improvements
Bug fixes – moved add_filter priority to 9
Control how external links open and minor code tweaks.
Added the ability to display an icon next to external links.
WordPress core updates.
Fix blank space error.
First release of the plugin.