Seamlessly donate to Charities from WooCommerce sales and empower shoppers to make a difference with checkout donations.
20,000+ UK Charities to choose from.
Help Ukrainian refugees, remove certified ocean-bound plastic, off-set carbon with tree planting, support animal rescue & much more.
Pick a Charity to donate to from our curated community, add your existing Charity partner, search for specific organisations from 20,000+ International & UK Charities on the platform.
Use donations as an alternative or in addition to discounting to incentivise sales without hurting your brand.
- 20,000+ UK and International Causes to choose from
- Store Giving – select 1-3 causes to donate to from sales
- Customer Donations / Checkout donations – empower shoppers to make a difference before/after purchase
- Automated story-telling and campaign messaging features
- Impact calculator – track and share your impact
- Donate button for WooCommerce
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
– This plugin requires you to have the WooCommerce plugin alrea
dy installed and activated in WordPress.
– Your hosting environment must meet [WooCommerce’s minimum requirements](https://docs.wooc
ommerce.com/document/server-requirements), including PHP 7.0 or greater.
WP_CRON must be activated with your hosting provider to sync data. Please verify that i
t is enabled.
You’ll need to do a few things to connect your WooCommerce store to Mailchimp.
– Download the plugin.
– Install the plugin on your WordPress Admin site.
– Create a Virtue account at https://app.virtueimpact.com/users/sign_up
– Sign in to Virtue and connect your WordPress site to Virtue via the authentication link.
– Go through the onboarding in Virtue to choose your charities and configure your donations campaigins.
What if I can’t find my charity on Virtue?
You can add any charity to Virtue. If the charity is not on Virtue you will need to get permission to start fundraising for that charity.
Virtue will assist with getting permission from the charity.
How are the donations sent to the charities?
Virtue processes the donation payments to charities on the 20th of every month. This is to minimize any fees when processing the payments.
Does Virtue take a commission on the donations?
No commission is taken from donations by Virtue. Virtue charges a subscription fee to merchants on a monthly basis to use our service.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Virtue – Charity Donations UK” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Virtue – Charity Donations UK” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial plugin release for Virtue with WooCommerce.
- All Virtue giving campaigns are support for WooCommerce including – store giving, customer giving and upsell giving.