(Copy all this into a new WordPress post to see it in action!)
[iframe tgn.tv 604 500]
- Insert any website into yours!
Just paste the raw YouTube URL on its own line to see the video! (Remove the first “http://” so “http://www.yout…” is on its own line – had to do this otherwise wordpress.org shows the video!)
Use the shortcode for setting width, height and autoplay:
Supports all YouTube options at http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/player_parameters.html
PDF (without Flash!)
[pdf tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf 604 700]
PowerPoint (without Flash!)
[powerpoint tgnbooks.com/best-caricatures.ppt 604 700]
[spreadsheet 0AtFXq8XyejTEdGNEZm1NZUJ3V3QwXzIwZnQ1ckh0MlE 604 300]
- Show any sheet: [spreadsheet 0AtFXq8XyejTEdGNEZm1NZUJ3V3QwXzIwZnQ1ckh0MlE 604 300 sheet=2]
- NOTE: You must “Publish” the spreadsheet in Google Docs by clicking “Share > Publish as a web page” to see it in WordPress!
[document 1t0C9HghMO4ttIKbUYxVC2sn5nXi9hXldVS1okjWzTP4 604 300]
- Remove the space between “http://” and “vimeo.com” (Purposely added to prevent rendering the video on wordpress.org!)
[metacafe http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1203580 ]
[dailymotion http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg7km9 ]
[videoreadr Uz7fOLDr2JM nmrdsxtb 604 370]
[tiff tgnbooks.com/electronic-circuit.tif 604 840]
Want to embed something else or have a question?
Contact the author: firstname.lastname@example.org! (I respond to every email)
Is this useful to you?
If you like this plugin, consider contributing to its further development donating to the author!
To install this extension
Put tgn-embed-everything.php into /wp-content/plugins/
Activate the plugin
Start using the shortcodes in your posts
- What is TGN?
TGN is THEGAMENET, creating communities 10,000 users at a time! (and 1 million YouTube views a week!) See www.thegamenet.com
- What is YouTube?
YouTube lets you broadcast yourself.
It is the world’s best and free video hosting service. Upload your videos and share them with your friends or the world!
- What is VideoReadr?
VideoReadr enhances YouTube videos with bookmarkes, transcripts and a full scripting language
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“TGN Embed everything” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed YouTube embed code to be valid XHTML using http://blog.martincrockett.com/general/valid-youtube-and-vimeo-code/ (thanks Petr Cibulka!)
- Plain YouTube URLs now must be on their own line (so you can describe the URL without it changing into the video!)
- Added support for plain YouTube URLs like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDLgEyJ3SlE and the same wrapped in <a href=”> (no need for shortcode!)
- YouTube videos now don’t show other people’s videos at the end. To show other videos, add “rel=1” to the shortcode. For example:
- Added support for more video sites: Vimeo, Metacafe and Dailymotion! (See the Description for examples showing how to use them)
- Raised max spreadsheet rows from 100 to 10,000!
- Added support to show a different sheet in Google Spreadsheets (just add to the end “sheet=2” to show second sheet)
- PDFs now display in IE (thanks Michael Klusek for pointing out the fix in http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Docs/thread?tid=22d92671afd5b9b7)
- Updated the YouTube player to the latest version 3 (now, embedded videos play exactly like on youtube.com, including videoreadrs!)
- Added jQuery check that dynamically loads jQuery if it is not detected by the end of <head>
- Added the [document] shortcode for Google documents and updated the Description with an example
- Updated VideoReadr to comply with HTML5 requirements, prefixing all custom attribute names with “data-“
- Added support for [iframe] shortcode to display any webpage in your post
- YouTube videos can now be hidden by pull-down menus and other HTML (added wmode=opaque to the object and embed elements)
- Updated VideoReadr to support decoupling YouTube from VideoReadr, but must now add YouTube ID to shortcode, like [videoreadr Uz7fOLDr2JM nmrdsxtb]
- Added all public YouTube API parameters at http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/player_parameters.html
- Discovered a bug where the auto-linkify feature broke the WordPress image [caption] feature – disabled auto-linkify to fix this
- Added YouTube autoplay option! Just add “autoplay=1” to the shortcode, like
- Added PowerPoint example to Description
- Changed default YouTube video to “First look at LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) free-to-play” – to see it, type in any WordPress post
- Re-enabled linkify, now correctly ignores shortcodes like [show http://tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf]
- Added more shortcode intelligence to support common paste issues like [show http://tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf]
- Disabled linkify until we find a solution that avoids linkifying [show http://tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf]
- Automatically linkify URL and email addresses in plain text (can be clicked)
- Changed YouTube embed to use the new YouTube iframe code (uses HTML5 player if your browser supports it) – http://apiblog.youtube.com/2010/07/new-way-to-embed-youtube-videos.html
- Improved documentation
- Added scrollbars for spreadsheets that do not fit in the viewing area
- Removed border around PDFs in IE
- Added support for TIFF images
- Increased default height of spreadsheets to the same as PDFs
- Added new [spreadsheet] shortcode to show published Google spreadsheets
- http:// is now optional, eg: [show tgnbooks.com/the-great-gatsby.pdf]
- Updated code comments
- Updated description to be more clear
- Replaced [view] with the more descriptive [show]
- Updated tags in readme.txt to include all supported file types
- Updated readme.txt to include all supported file types in the description
- To avoid naming conflicts, prefixed all functions and globals with tgn_ee_ (TGN Embed everything)
- Initial release