The purpose of the plugin is to help both WordPress users and developers with shortcodes and function respectively, to implement a server side responsive solution for their theme.
The difference is substantial compared to solutions like
display:none. When using the “display” CSS instruction on, let’s say, an image, the browser actually downloads the entire image and then it hides it. With this solution the image is no longer downloaded.
SS comes from ‘server-side’.
Bugs, suggestions, comments?
If you would like to report bugs, to make a suggestion or a simple comment you can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the name of plugin either in the subject or in your email body.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin (SS Device Detector) through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Once activated you can use the shortcodes and functions provided by the plugin (see documentation).
- What shortcodes are available?
You can use
[stp_tablet]Content for tablet...[/stp_tablet],
[stp_desktop]Content for desktop...[/stp_desktop]and
[stp_mobile] Content for phones and tablets alike [/stp_mobile].
- What functions are available?
You can use:
stp_phone()returns true if the users are using a phone to view the content, while
stp_notphone()returns true if the user is NOT using a phone to view the content;
stp_tablet()returns true if the users are using a tablet to view the content. Vice-versa
stp_desktop()returns true for desktop users. You get it by now. Aliases:
stp_mobile()returns true for phone and tablet users.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“SS Device Detector” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested for WordPress 4.1.1
- Updated the Mobile Detect library to v2.8.12
- Tested for WordPress 4.0.
- Updated to remove some PHP (5.4) notices and warnings
- Rewritten to add support for PHP 5.2+
- Compatibility checks.
- Initial version.