This plugin is designed and developed for use with WP OAuth Server (https://wordpress.org/plugins/oauth2-provider/).
Once Single Sign On Client is installed, it will add Single Sign On abilities to used another WordPress sites users.
Site A is your main WordPress site but you need to launch another WordPress website or service (Site B).
Instead of having all your users create a new account on the new website, you can simply use Sign Sign on from Site A.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/single-sign-on-clientdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Single Sign On screen to configure the client
Does this plugin work with other OAuth 2.0 Servers?
Although it has been designed solely for WP OAuth Server, you may still be able to use this plugin for other OAuth 2.0 servers.
I get a Single Sign On Error
In certain cases the user will be presented with a message “Single Sign On Error”. This is because the use either has a
username already and the emails do not match or visa versa. The solution is to completely remove the associated user from
the client site.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Single Sign On” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Modified for use with the latest WordPress and Beta Plugin
- Codebase update for PHP 8
- Fixed warnings about unused tags
- ADDED: Login Only Restriction. Prevents registration of new users during SSO.
- FIXED: Dashboard redirect issue
- Refactored codebase for future development
- Tested with the latest WordPress and Beta Plugin
- Refactoring of core plugin functions
- Added new logic to capture possible mismatch username by using email as a fallback user lookup.
- Added custom redirect_uri to trigger callback to allow for custom redirect.
- Added First Name and Last Name user Mapping
- Removed default user from allowable SSO. This user should already have access.
- Added auto SSO functionality for all pages.
- Added Error Handling to auth code and token request.
- Updated Admin UI Options
- Updated for WordPress 5.1
- Added wpoc_user_created action. Triggered when a new user is created via Single Sign On.
- Added wpoc_user_login action. Triggered when a user is logged into the system via Single Sign On.
- FIX: Missing function call to use new filter added in version 1.3.0
- Added “wpssoc_user_redirect_url” filter to allow for custom user redirects after successful login.
- Init repo push