One of the most popular visual editors, Elementor, lacks a search and replace feature.
With our plugin, you can now easily replace any text without the need to install any additional software to your computer.
Once you upload and activate the plugin.
Go to any Elementor created page and navigate to
Menu > Search & Replace to open the plugin modal window.
From the options you can choose to highlight or do a case-sensitive search and replace.
We add special tags to highlight the text, and you can always click on the
Clear button if you want to clean your code.
Here are the general steps you need to follow to use the plugin:
- Open the plugin modal window.
- Choose if you want to
highlightterms or do a
case-sensitivesearch and replace.
- Enter you search phrase and click on the
- Enter your replace with phrase.
- Click on the
- Use the
Undolink to revert back to the original text.
- Click on the
Clearbutton to if you want to clean your code from the special highlight tags at any give time.
NOTE: To assure and not compromise the performance of the plugin we have set a data limit at 50kb for the Free and 300kb for the Pro versions.
Search & replace for Elementor is/does:
- a plugin to the popular Elementor visual editor that enables you to search and replace any text/link in your posts and pages quickly and easily.
- enhances your efficiency in Elementor, allowing you to edit your posts and pages with much faster pace than usual, on page-by-page basis or globally.
- a plugin designed to look native and works seamlessly with both Elementor Free and Pro versions.
- a WordPress plugin for Elementor that enables you to update multiple text terms, phrases, images, or links with highlighting and case-sensitivity inside the visual editor.
- perfect for heavy Elementor users that want to speed up their editing process.
NOTE: Global search and replace, links, images, case-sensitivity backups and custom options are available only in the Pro version!
The step-by-step setup, usage, demos, video, and insights can be found on the Search & Replace for Elementor website.
SEARCH AND REPLACE FOR ELEMENTOR PRO
If you are using the Free version of the plugin from the WordPress.org repository and would like to have the Pro features you can purchase the premium version from the Search & Replace for Elementor website.
Some of the features included in the Pro version of the plugin are:
- Global search & Rreplace with dry-run option.
- Global and inidividual page search and replace with regular expressions.
- Built-in backup and database import feature.
- Additional options that can help you to customize you search and replace data fields.
- Unlimited raw page data.
- Priority support and regular updates for 1 full year.
The plugin installation process is standard and easy to follow. Please let us know if you have any difficulties with the installation.
- Upload and unzip the
- Visit Plugins in WP Admin.
- Activate the Search and Replace for Elementor plugin. Make sure to have the Elementor Pro or Free is activated before that.
- Now you can go to any page/post that uses Elementor and use the plugin as described in the documentation.
Use the Support tab on this page to post your additional requests and questions.
All tickets are usually addressed within a couple of days.
If your request is an add-on feature, we will add it to the plugin wish list and consider implementing it in the next major version.
Will this plugin work with the free Elementor version?
Yes, the plugin works with both Elementor Free and Pro versions.
Do you offer additional support/customization?
Yes, you can get in touch with us by sending us your request on the Search & Replace for Elementor website.
Does it work with the Classic/Gutenberg editors?
No. The plugin is specifically created to work with the Elementor plugin and its custom way of data storage.
However, if you are interested you can try out our open source Block Editor Search & Replace plugin which works with both the Classic and Gutenberg editors.
Contributors & Developers
“Search & Replace for Elementor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Search & Replace for Elementor” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Update – remove rating notice from the free plugin
- New – Add
array_keys_existto check multiple array keys against an array
- Update – Language strings
- Fix – Revisit the update original elementor data with the iterator process
- Update – add nonce and user capability security checks for all ajax methods
- Update – revise UI help notes, error and success messages
- Fix – search and replace for fields in the same widget e.g. text & description in Icon widget
- Fix – remove some existing
- New – add HTML with regular expressions for Text Editor widget (modal-only)
- New – add
preg_last_error_msgto work same way as PHP8
- Update – match the Elementor updated UI in 3.12 for modal window
- Fix – remove dev/prod loading assets; not needed anymore
- Fix – auto deactivate Pro if already active
- Update – adding translator messages
- Update – trnslation and lang file
- Fix – run code with WPCS and
- Update – global search & replace demo page
- Update – WordPress 6.2 compatibility and testing
- Fix – no matches found when have punctuations in the search or replace input
- Update – add text to let user that
no HTML is allowedin the inputs
- Update – add text to let use know the need to backup DB when do global search & replace
- Fix – glupfile.js script building procedure
- Fix – handle null or string elementor data passed to the iterrator
- Fix – replace
- New – add rating admin notice
- New – add plugin
Get Prolink under plugins
- Update – lang file with the latest strings
- Fix – update some translation string
- Fix – be able to search and replace I’m, you’re “quote text”, etc
- Fix – Elementor JSON data breaks with
update_postmeta(), fix with
- Initial release and first commit into the WordPress.org SVN