This plugin remove extra p and br tags from the_content and the_excerpt.
To install Remove Wpautop using the built-in plugin installer:
1. Go to Plugins > Add New. 2. Type in Remove Wpautop in Search Plugins box or click a tag link below the screen. 3. find the Remove Wpautop Plugin in the list. 4. Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
To install Remove Wpautop manually:
- Download your WordPress Plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the Remove Wpautop Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
- How do Plugin turn off automatic p, br for a post?
After plugin activation, WordPress will no longer attempt to add
<br>tags to your posts (so you’ll be responsible for adding these yourself).
- I upgraded the plugin and it lost my default settings!
No, it didn’t. Disable and re-enable the plugin and the setting should be updated to the new setting.
Contributors & Developers
“Remove Wpautop” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Remove Wpautop” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First release