This plugin generates random content for your site. You can:
- Select post type, taxonomy, term. Author can be selected or random.
- Chosse number to posts or pages to create.
- Paragraph long, ul, ol, and so on.
- Featured images: coloured block images to check your templates. You can select a color or choose randomly. You can set width and height for the posts thumbnail.
- Terms can be selected by the user, or choosen randomly.
- Post Format Selection or Random
- Woocommerce Products: If you have Woocommerce instaled, you can create random products, select range price, and so on.
- Terms and categories: You can create terms/categories for the selected taxonomy.
- Users: You can create users and asign a role. If Woocommerce is active, the plugin generates billing and shipping data.
- Orders: For Woocommerce users, you can create random orders based in your Customer users.
- Clean the dummy data: When you have the real data in your site, you can remove all the posts, products or users generated by the plugin pressing a simple button.
- In new version 2.0.0, you can add random values for metaboxes. For now, we can add metabox values for single texts, textareas, colors, urls, dates, selects, checks and radios.
- In new version 3.0.0, you can create activities and groups for Buddypress.
Please send all your suggestions in Support. We will be very grateful to receive your suggestions to make this plugin better and more useful every day
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/postem-ipsumdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Postem Ipsum menu itemn in the Wp Administrator screen to configure the plugin and create the posts.
Contributors & Developers
“Postem Ipsum” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Postem Ipsum” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- We include Buddypress activities and groups creation, if BuddyPress is installed.
- Changes in the admin desing and in the admin menus.
- Woocommerce products creation: date in a range
- Post creation: date in a range
- Style changes
- Added Post Format selection
- Fix small issues
- Changed icons. Added spanish lang. Added metafields
- Select author/random author
- Hide terms when Pages or none is selected
- Weight, height, width and length for Woocommerce products (only if you want, and select between min and max).
- : For Woocommerce, the long desc. and the short desc now are different (thanks to an idea of nick6352683)
- Better title creation.
- We can choose more than one term
- The terms in the post type creation can be random, selected between all the terms in the taxonomy selected
- New feature for post and products creation: include comments.
- We can create terms for the selected taxonomy for a post type.
- We can create users and asign roles. Add feature when Woocommerce is active, creating billing and shipping fields
- Added new option for to create users. Added .po files for English and Spanish lang
- Added new option for Woocommerce products: long description and short description
- First version.