NOTE: This plugin is far from fully baked. You will need to be comfortable
with template hacking in order to customize this plugin to look good with your
Photos Flickr is a WordPress plugin I wrote around Dan Coulter‘s PHPFlickr library, which in turn accesses
the Flickr API.
My approach has been to write functions that you can call from a page template
to print out either image index information, or image information, much like
WordPress is either displaying an index of posts, or an individual post.
There are hooks
for the full image index, an index of photo sets, set indexes and tag indexes,
as well as pagination. There is no support yet for collections. Numerous bugs
and ugly code are found throughout.
- Download and extract the Photos Flickr software archive from: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/photos-flickr.zip
- Install the
plugins/photos-flickrdirectory from the archive to your WordPress
- Log in to your WordPress Admin interface. Visit the Plugins panel, and Activate the Photos Flickr plugin.
- Within your WordPress Admin interface, visit Plugins » Photos Flickr and enter your Flickr User ID.
- Install the
themes/default/photos.phpfile from the archive to your preferred theme’s subdirectory within your WordPress
- Within your WordPress Admin interface, visit Page » Write Page to create a new page. Name it “Photos” and set the Page Template to “Photos”.
- Visit the “Photos” page you just created . . . do you get to access your Flickr photo stream? If so, congratulations! If not, please contact me.
You will likely want to “port” the
photos.php file to match your theme. You will want to refer to the the
readme.html file or browse online either of:</br />
If you arrive at a good result, and you are using a popular theme, consider
sending me the
photos.php for me to include for your theme. My e-mail
address is: email@example.com.
- A question that someone might have
An answer to that question.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Photos Flickr” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Photos Flickr” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.