The ‘JJ NextGen List’ allows you to create an image list as a widget or as a shortcode.
This plugin uses the ‘NextGen Gallery’ plugin for its images.
- NextGen Gallery Plugin (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery/)
NextGen Gallery Integration:
- This plugin uses the original width and height of the image uploaded so make sure the images are the correct dimensions when uploaded.
- If a width and height are defined under the configuration all images will be resized to those dimensions=.
- Alt & Title Text Field: Provide a full url here and the image will link to this. Only works if alt field starts with either of these; /, http, or ftp.
- Description Field: Will be used as image alt text. If alt text is present but not a valid url alt text will be used instead for image alt text.
You can specify the following parameters:
NOTE: sc means shortcode:
- Title: Title. Leave blank for no title. (sc: title=”My Image List”)
- Gallery: Leave blank to use all galleries or choose a gallery to use. (sc: gallery=”galleryid”)
- Order: Order to display results in. You can choose; Random, Latest First, Oldest First, or NextGen Sortorder. Random will still work when a page is cached. (sc: order=”random”|”asc”|”desc”|”sortorder”)
- Orientation: Can pick vertical or horizontal defaults to vertical. (sc: orientation=”vertical”|”horizontal”)
- Max pictures: The maximum amount of pictures to use. (sc: max_pictures=”6″)
- HTML id: HTML id to use. Defaults to ‘image_list’. Needs to be different for multiple instances on same page. (sc: html_id=”image_list”)
- Image width: All images with be assigned this width. (sc: width=”200″)
- Image height: All images with be assigned this height. (sc: height=”150″)
- Image gap: Gap between images. (sc: gap=”5″)
- Center: Centers content in container. Requires width to be set. (sc: center=”1″)
- [jj-ngg-image-list html_id=”about-image-list” gallery=”1″ width=”200″ height=”150″]
Try out my other plugins:
- JJ NextGen JQuery Slider (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-nextgen-jquery-slider/)
- JJ NextGen JQuery Carousel (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-nextgen-jquery-carousel/)
- JJ NextGen JQuery Cycle (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-nextgen-jquery-cycle/)
- JJ NextGen Unload (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-nextgen-unload/)
- JJ SwfObject (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-swfobject/)
Please refer to the description for requirements and how to use this plugin.
- Copy the entire directory from the downloaded zip file into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the “JJ NextGen Image List” plugin in the Plugin Management page.
- Refer to the description to use the plugin as a widget and or a shortcode.
- How can I use plugin inside normal PHP code?
- echo do_shortcode(‘[jj-ngg-image-list html_id=”about-image-list” gallery=”1″ width=”200″ height=”150″]’);
- Doesn’t work after upgrade? or Doesn’t work with this theme?
- Please check that you don’t have two versions of jQuery loading, this is the problem most of the time. Sometimes a theme puts in
tags at the end of newlines aswell.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“JJ NextGen Image List” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “JJ NextGen Image List” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- 1.0.3: FAQ.
- 1.0.2: Donate to Christchurch Quake.
- 1.0.1: Shuffle should be working now. Gap tweaks.
- 1.0.0: First version.