Resources with a question mark (?) or ampersand (&) in the URL often bypass a proxy cache server. Thus by cleansing the query string from the URL should significantly increase your WordPress site performance. The goal is to improve your speed scores in services like PageSpeed, YSlow, Pingdom, LoadImpact.
Additional funcitonality is to strip the protocal prefix to simplify asset loading to be relative to the protocal path. Attempts to force all linked assets to be of the same protocal.
Installing the plugin is easy. Just follow these steps:
- From the administration part of your site, navigate to Plugins -> Add New.
- Select the “Upload Plugin” button and hit “Choose File.”
- When the popup appears select the improve-enqueued-asset-urls-x.x.x.zip file from your desktop. (The ‘x.x.x’ will change depending on the current version number).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait as the upload completes.
- When the upload is finished, activate the plugin via the prompt. A message will show confirming a successful activation.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Improve Enqueued Asset URLs” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- added filter to transforms URL to use protocol relative path
improvein the plugin
- Initial launch