Converts Hindi characters in post, page and term slugs to Latin characters. Useful for creating human-readable URLs.
- Automatically converts existing post, page and term slugs on activation
- Saves existing post and page permalinks integrity
- Performs transliteration of attachment file names
- Includes just Hindi characters
- Transliteration table can be customized without editing the plugin itself
Based on the original Rus-To-Lat plugin by Anton Skorobogatov and Cyr-To-Lat by SergeyBiryukov, karevn, webvitaly.
Caution: this plugin will change your slug/permalink permanently Hindi to Hinglish, so you should know how to redirect porperly.
hindi-to-latfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Who should use this plugin
plugin is for people who want to solution for hindi slug. convert slug in human readable format.
How to redirect old link to new?
1.To prevent losing you SEO position you can use plugin LCH (https://wordpress.org/plugins/link-changer-htaccess-for-better-seo/) to prepare redirect from old links to new one.
2.You can use Rank Math or similar plugin redirection tool.
Contributors & Developers
“Hindi-To-Lat” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release