Turn any WordPress theme into a lightning-fast global business directory. Now 100% compatible with Gutenberg and the most popular page builders such as Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, SiteOrigin Page Builder, and more! It includes an extensive new set of shortcodes, Gutenberg Blocks, and Widgets.
The best business directory plugin for WordPress
Create a location-based business directory with our plugin, 100% compatible with any theme and page builders. In a few clicks, you could be the next Yelp or Tripadvisor.
Scale smoothly – go global
Millions of listings? Massive traffic? GeoDirectory is the only WordPress business directory plugin capable of scaling to this degree, thanks to its highly-optimized database structure and queries. No need to come second: if you need scale, GeoDirectory business directory plugin has your back.
Lightweight, efficient, flexible
We developed GeoDirectory using WordPress standards and best practice to give you rocket-fast performance, an intuitive user interface, and slick back-end options.
GeoDirectory works with any theme and the most popular page builders. If you need extra help getting your theme to work smoothly with GeoDirectory, just hit us up for support on our website – we’ll be right on it.
WordPress developers can extend GeoDirectory infinitely, using hooks (actions and filters). Quickly build custom WordPress Directory themes around GeoDirectory.
We have been wholly focused on our business directory plugin for WordPress since 2011. That’s how we made GeoDirectory the most dynamic and scalable directory plugin on the WordPress market, with tremendous dedicated support. Try us!
- Create a local directory, based on a single location, using the GeoDirectory free core plugin. Focus on a street or go as wide as a city. Expand to multiple locations or make a global directory with our MultiLocation premium add-on.
- It provides a front end form that lets you edit through a drag and drop form builder, allowing visitors to submit their listings autonomously.
- Quickly create a front-end submission form, using GeoDirectory’s intuitive drag-and-drop form builder. Users submit listings autonomously. Add any custom field; choose from 40 field types. Use the Advanced Search premium add-on to filter the search by any custom field.
- 40+ widgets/shortcodes/blocks.
- A flexible Google Maps widget. Create unlimited categories with ajax-loading custom markers
- Built-in forms for User Reviews
- Business Enquiry through Ninja Forms integration.
- Search by zip code or location name using the default search widget. Easily filter listings by proximity, rating, reviews, or date. Search by user location using the Advanced Search premium add-on.
- List millions of businesses, thanks to our optimised database structure.
- Compatible with virtually any theme, Gutenberg, and the most popular page builders.
- Multilingual site? GeoDirectory is 100% WPML compatible.
- GeoDirectory is fully compatible with WordPress Multisite.
- CSV import, export, re-import for listings, categories, and reviews. Easily transfer millions of listings across instances. Edit data offline: live listings automagically update on re-import – heavily improved in V2.
- Improved Google Analytics widget for listings owners.
- Titles and meta settings page for better SEO optimization.
- NEW – Extended Business Hours for listings
- NEW – Tab builder, to design the tabs of your listings as you wish by drag and drop
- NEW – Badge System, for “featured” listings, “new” listings, or to add whatever badge you want to your listings from any custom field.
- NEW – Rating Styles using FontAwesome icons.
- NEW – Custom Email Templates
- NEW – Guest Add Listing
- NEW – Improved SEO permalinks settings.
GeoDirectory business directory plugin comes with some business dummy data you can use to see how listings look. You can install dummy data from your GeoDirectory back end.
Event Calendar Plugin
GeoDirectory comes with dummy data for event listings. Building Events geo directories only requires to install the Events add-on that we will soon release for free. GeoDirectory can quickly make you rank for keywords like: “Events near me.” For this reason alone, it is a very sleek WordPress event calendar plugin.
Real Estate Plugin
GeoDirectory comes with dummy data for real estate listings that make it super easy and quick to build real estate portals. Soon we will release a free real estate theme, making GeoDirectory one of the most powerful WordPress Real Estate plugins.
Job Board Plugin
GeoDirectory comes with dummy data for job listings too, and we will release free freelancers and job board themes very soon. Building a Job board with GeoDirectory is super easy, and GeoDirectory is definitely amongst the best WordPress Job Board plugins.
GeoDirectory comes with dummy data for classifieds listings too. You can quickly build fantastic classifieds directories with GeoDirectory, one of the most flexible WordPress classifieds plugins.
Free Business Directory Plugin Addons
- WPML Multilingual – Adds WPML compatibility.
- Google Analytics – Allows your users to view their page analytics.
Premium Business Directory Plugin Addons
Premium Addons provided to extend GeoDirectory and make it a money-making global directory toolkit.
- Location Manager – Create a global directory with Countries, Regions, Cities, and Neighbourhoods.
- Pricing Manager – Set prices for your listings. Enable/disable features per price. It uses our free Invoicing Plugin to manage payments, taxes, and invoices.
- Custom Post Types – Adds any custom post type as well as the default “Places,” also create Custom post Types with locationless ability.
- Events – Adds professional events directory capability. All kinds of recurring events options available. With CPT add-on installed, create as many events post types as needed.
- MultiRatings and Reviews – Extend the review system allowing multiple rating categories (e.g., service, quality, price), add images to reviews and other cool features.
- Advance search filters – Turns any custom field into an advance filter of the search widget. Adds smart autocompletes, geolocation, and much more.
- Buddypress Integration – Smoothly integrates GeoDirectory with Buddypress.
- Claim Listing Manager – Allow business owners to fine-tune their listings, add images, link to events and show an ‘owner-verified’ badge on the listing. Now with force upgrade/paid option.
- Marker Cluster – Avoid cluttered maps by using numbered markers at high zoom levels. Now with super fast server-side clustering!
- Duplicate alert – Alert users when they add a listing with the same title as another.
- Custom Map Styles – Modify the look and feel of all Maps widgets via an intuitive user interface, with color pickers and simple-to-use options.
- Social Importer – Import pages and events from Facebook and listings from Yelp and Trip Advisor. One listing at a time, no bulk scraping.
- GD reCAPTCHA – Banish spam by adding the No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA widget to any GeoDirectory form.
- Franchise Manager – Allows users to submit listings for chains of businesses or franchises faster and smarter.
- List Manager – Allows users to create their lists of listings or events and make them public to other users.
- WP All Import – NEW: Use the power of WP All Import to import your listings from anywhere with this add-on that integrates Wp All Import with GeoDirectory
- Embeddable Ratings Badge – NEW: Let users embed their listing info with current ratings on their site, styled the way they want.
- Compare Listings – NEW: Let your users compare listings side by side and compare vital info about the listings.
Go Pro – Become a member!
Get your hands on all the premium business directory plugin add-ons and themes. Sign up at wpgeodirectory.com.
Get timely and friendly support for both the Core Business Directory Plugin and add-ons at our official website, wpgeodirectory.com.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Business Directory Plugin | GeoDirectory
- WordPress 4.5 or greater
- PHP version 5.6 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option. To do an automatic install of GeoDirectory, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate the Plugins menu, and click Add New.
In the search field, type GeoDirectory, and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our business directory plugin, you install it by simply clicking Install Now. GeoDirectory basic installation
The manual installation method involves downloading our Directory plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex will tell you more here. GeoDirectory basic installation
Automatic updates should seamlessly work. We always suggest you backup up your website before performing any automated update to avoid unforeseen problems.
What kind of directory can be built with GeoDirectory
Any Business Directory, such as:
People directory (Team, Member, Staff)
Travel review directories
Software review sites
A Yellow Pages directory
But because GeoDirectory allows you to create any listing’s type, each with unique custom fields, you can use GeoDirectory as Event Calendar plugin, a Real Estate Plugin, a Job Board Plugin, a Classifieds plugin and much more.
Can I use GeoDirectory for more than one city
Yes, but you’ll need our Location Manager add-on.
Can users add and edit their listings via the front-end?
Absolutely yes, Users can submit their listings from the front end and also edit them unlimited times.
Which theme is compatible with GeoDirectory?
Any theme is compatible with GeoDirectory, and if you find any bug with a theme, ask for support, and we will fix it.
Does GeoDirectory work with Elementor and other popular page builders?
Yes, GeoDirectory works perfectly with any page builder, and we also have custom blocks for Gutenberg. Most GeoDirectory data is available via dynamic elements of Elementor PRO.
Can I use GeoDirectory to list online business without addresses and maps?
Yes, you can use GeoDirectory as a business directory plugin for businesses with a physical location and online businesses. To take advantage of this, you’ll need the location manager add-on.
May I have a free trial of the Premium Add-ons?
We don’t offer free trials, but we have a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not happy with our products or service.
Contributors & Developers
“Business Directory Plugin | GeoDirectory” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Business Directory Plugin | GeoDirectory” has been translated into 18 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
WARNING: GDv2 is a significant update over GDv1 and may require some manual work such as adding widgets to sidebars to recreate your current layout, as always, we recommend to try this on a staging site first. Learn more