This plugin shows a small toolbar over photos from Flickr embedded in your post. The toolbar buttons when clicked show Location, EXIF and lots more in a Thickbox
The Live Flickr Comment Importer Plugin features
- Uses the inbuilt jQuery and Thickbox scripts.
- Most calls to the Flickr API are done on the client side – so there is minimal additional load or delay on the server.
- If your photo has geo-location data embedded, shows it as a marker on Google map with reverse geo-location to fetch the place name
- Shows most interesting EXIF data first with option to show the complete raw data
- Shows information like title, description, number of views and comments, tags on the photo, sets and pools the photo belongs to and links to various sizes if there is permission
See a demo at http://tariquesani.net/blog/2010/03/04/bay-backed-shrike/
Ask questions on the plugin page http://sanisoft.com/blog/wordpress-plugin-flickr-foto-info/ 🙂
- Upload the folder ‘flickr-foto-info’ into your to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- To configure plugin options go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Flickr foto info’ navigation link.
- You will have to enter and your flickr API key for this plugin to work. Flickr API key.
- Visit a post which has a Photo from Flickr embedded – hover the mouse of the photo to see the toolbar.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Flickr foto info” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Flickr foto info” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed unsanitised $_GET variables in some files
- Tested with WordPress-3.5.1
- Fixed thickbox related bugs
- Uses the V3 of Google Maps API – Google Map API key no longer needed
- Uses the Settings API for Options page – less crappy code
- SVN seems to have lost some tags, but that need not concern you
- Fixed EXIF related bug reported by John Rappold (http://johnrappold.org/photoblog)
- First release