In the editor, click the Add Chart button (as shown in Image 1 in the Screenshots section).
You will be given a form to fill up the basic chart settings for FusionCharts (as shown in Image 2 in the Screenshots section).
Note: Default values are already populated in the form fields, including sample JSON data to create a basic column 2D chart. For more chart samples, click here.
Click the PREVIEW THE CHART button (in the bottom-left corner of Image 2 in the Screenshots section) to preview the chart before embedding it in your post/page (preview for the sample chart is in Image 3 in the Screenshots section).
Note: If there is error in chart data, the preview is not shown.
If you need to change the chart settings, click BACK TO SETTINGS (refer Image 3 in the Screenshots section) to go back to the form with the settings.
Make the required changes to the chart settings and preview the chart again.
If everything looks good, click EMBED THIS CHART (refer Image 3 in the Screenshots section).
Click Publish (for a new post)/Update (for a modified post) to view the page/post (the final output for the sample chart is shown in Image 5 in the Screenshots section).
This plugin is and always will be free for use. Reach out to us at https://github.com/sguha-work/fc-wp/issues for your suggestions to help us to improve or with regard to any issues that you are facing.
- Upload the fc-wp folder to the /wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the FusionCharts for WordPress plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Open the Plugins page.
- Click the Activate button to activate the FusionCharts for WordPress plugin.
- Once the plugin is installed and activated, the Add Chart button can be seen in the post and page editor (as shown in Image 1 in the Screenshots section).
- What about FusionChart?
Well you may just put the query in Google. 🙂 Please visit http://www.fusioncharts.com/ to know the awesome
- How do I get a licensed version of FusionCharts to use with this plugin?
You can buy the licensed version of FusionCharts Suite XT from here : http://www.fusioncharts.com/buy/.
Once done, all you need to do is unzip all the files received with the purchased product in the wp-content/plugins/fc-wp/assets/fc-assets folder (replacing the current files).
Contributors & Developers
“Plugin Name: FusionCharts for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changed plugin UI
- Added feature to direct embed the chart to Post/Page without copy-paste
- Fusioncharts libraries updated to latest version 3.11.2
- Fusioncharts libraries updated to latest version 3.11.0
- Fusioncharts libraries updated to latest version 3.10
- Two new chart types added Treemap chart and Zoom Scatter chart
- Bug fix in parsing XML data
- Bug fix in parsing JSON data
- Chart type specific example data both XML and JSON
- Bug fix in chart generation library
- Changed sample data population
- UI changes
- Added the feature to have data from JSON/XML url.