Studies show that planting trees can address climate change. You now can join this important effort.
EcoMatcher (www.ecomatcher.com) enables any company using WooCommerce to integrate tree planting into their cart; your customers can now add trees to their cart, and upon check out, will get all details of all trees planted. Details like location, date of planting, type of tree, and even the planter. We offer with our vetted tree-planting partners from around the world full transparency. The customer can virtually travel to every tree using satellite maps and learn more. And the other great thing? You can make money by selling trees.
Upon installing “EcoMatcher“ plugin, automatically the ‘PLANT A TREE’ button will be added to your cart; once your customer selects the button, a tree will be added to their cart, one tree at the time. You can easily uninstall the plugin if you finally decide not to proceed.
EcoMatcher uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) as third party services.
This plugin sends and requests EcoMatcher’s data through AWS services via API.
You can visit https://aws.amazon.com/ and https://aws.amazon.com/service-terms/ to know more details about AWS.
How Does It Work
- First you need to build some stock of trees through www.ecomatcher.com; EcoMatcher will send you a discount code you can use.
- After you install the “EcoMatcher for WooCommerce” plugin, the ‘PLANT A TREE’ button will be visible in your cart.
- Once your customer selects the ‘PLANT A TREE’ button, one tree will be added to their cart at USD 3.49 per tree; the margin you make on every tree depends on the discount code you get; the more trees you buy, the better your margin. You can even opt to plant a complete forest (min 1000 trees).
- Upon check out, your customer will get automatically the tree link(s) that enables them to virtually travel to their tree(s). This is an example of such link: https://www.ecomatcher.com/gift/?tid=@7KSKL2.
- Once your stock is running out, EcoMatcher will remind you to top up your tree stock.
- Log in to your Admin Panel.
- Go to Plugins.
- Go to Add New.
- Search “EcoMatcher“.
- Click Activate Plugin.
- Go to “EcoMatcher“ß admin page.
- Fill your company name and API key (you have to contact EcoMatcher (email@example.com) to receive the API key and discount code).
- Go to Update Stock tab, click Update Stock.
- You are all set to make a difference by planting trees!
How can I get company ID and API Key?
Please contact EcoMatcher through email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I get the hook documentation of the plugin?
The documentation will be sent via email together with the details of company ID and API Key.
Where should I put the hook code?
You can put it on your own custom plugin or themes.
Contributors & Developers
“EcoMatcher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “EcoMatcher” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Feature : generate automatically product from ecomatcher
- Feature : generate button automatically under cart list
- Feature : send automatically link of trees to customer email after payment and checkout
- Feature : automatically send notification to admin email if tree stock under 10
- Bugfix : enable customer to change product name
- Bugfix : fix email message
- New Feature : customise email (sender email, sender name, email subject, and email message)
- New Feature : hook to customise email message
- Tested up to WordPress 5.5 and WooCommerce 4.4.1
- Update default ‘Add to Cart’ button
- Urgent fix error new ‘Add to Cart’ button
- Tested up to WordPress 5.6 and WooCommerce 4.8.0
- New Feature : customise ‘Add to Cart’ button
- Bugfix : fix redirect cart page
- Tested up to WordPress 5.7 and WooCommerce 5.1.0
- Add sending type for reporting
- Bugfix : remove tree product and ‘Add to Cart’ button when there is no other product
- Bugfix : remove ‘Add to Cart’ button when there is no other product
- Tested up to WordPress 5.8.1 and WooCommerce 5.8.0
- Tested up to WordPress 5.9 and WooCommerce 6.1.1
- Bugfix : fix ‘Add to Cart’ bug
- Tested up to WordPress 5.9.3 and WooCommerce 6.3.1
- Change to new API URL
- Tested up to WordPress 6.1 and WooCommerce 7.0.1