Prevent Content Theft [Disable Right Click] is the most popular WordPress plugin to avoid content theft with 3,000+ active installs
Prevent Content Theft Lite [Disable Right Click] plugin prevents right click menu on your WordPress website and blog which avoids copying website content and source code up to some extent.
Are you worried about content theft? Try Prevent Content Theft WordPress plugin, this plugin helps to avoid content theft by disabling the right click context menu.
Upgrade to Prevent Content Theft PRO version and get the following features
- Uses beautiful alert box to show the disable message which automatically hides after few seconds
- Disable Cut/Copy Shortcut Keys
- Disable Save Shortcut Key
- Disable Text/Image Selection
- Disable Image Drag-n-Drop
- Exclude Pages option to allow right click on the pages you want
Get the Pro Version Now!
Checkout Our other WordPress Plugins
Useful Resources for Web Developers [Our Other Projects]
Plugin icon: Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Read all 13 reviews
I purchased the Pro and I am not happy with it.
I cannot select images ONLY.
I cannot select a pop-up window or no pop-up.
To bad that the plugin does not let us select "disable for images ONLY." (I know they still can be stolen from the source! I am well aware of that.) That is a major downgrade for that plugin. Just disabling for images with or without a pop-up window warning would be great. I actually do not need a pop-up window either.
To combine disabling images with text included in the Pro version is a big NO GO.
Everybody uses right-click to open several pages within a website!
Sorry about that, but that is how it is for me.
PS that plugin will go out of my website when I have found a good plugin which lets me select "disable images right-click ONLY"
Unfortunately, this latest update (Feb 2020) has broken the plugin so it no longer works at all anymore. 🙁
Worked great for over a year, but now that the update has broken the plugin, you can totally copy paste from the website again. There's no longer any dialogue box that appears when you try to copy paste, the right click button works (even tho it's supposed to be turned off, and you can definitely copy paste to your heart's desire.)
I tested the plugin on my website *right before* updating the plugin and it worked great, as usual.
Then literally the instant I updated to the new version, the plugin no longer works.
I contacted their customer support a week ago, but still no response from them ....
So now I'll have to install another plugin that will do what this one used to do fabulously.... If they can fix whatever broke, this is usually a good plugin...
for now, until I can find another plugin, I"ve rolled my website back to just before the update (I do backups on my site every day, so it was easy to revert back)
but I'd skip this plugin for now ... at least until they fix whatever got broken with the latest update! 🙂
please add "screenshot protect" Function in this plugin
Works!!Great job. Thanks!
Does not work with WordPress 4.8.4 and Revolution Slider 18.104.22.168 !
I don't know if this task is a big deal but what i miss is the possibility to change at least the displayed text. Changing the colors is the second thing i miss.
But it is a very useful plugin for a designers showcase like mine: Moderator note: Link redacted from reviews.
“Prevent Content Theft [Disable Right Click]” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- A complete makeover
- Re-coded the plugin to decrease the size and requests (now the plugin size is around 6kb)
- Added new popup modal (removed jQuery UI dialog box)
- Compatible with WordPress 4.7
- Added activation notice
- Disable Right Click WordPress plugin is now renamed as Prevent Content Theft
- Fixed 404 errors for images [Thanks to John]
- Compatible with WordPress 4.6.1
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
- Prevent Content Theft is now available in PRO version which offers more features
- Avoid cut (ctrl+x) and copy (ctrl+c) keys
- Now you can exclude multiple pages with tweaking the code if you are familiar with PHP
- UI enhancements
- Re-coded from the ground with OOP