When using WordPress multisite, the “My Sites” menu item will be added to the admin bar. Out of the box, this menu has a few limitations:
1. It is as wide as the longest title of one of your sites. Lame.
1. If your list of sites is too long, it will not fit on your screen and you can’t reach the bottom ones. Also lame.
This plugin is an attempt to remedy these and other issues and make the My Sites menu as useful as possible for multiple-site admins.
What it does:
1. If a user’s list of sites grows past a certain number, scrolling is enabled on the list. This way you can always reach every site.
1. Site titles are truncated if they get too long so your menu isn’t crazy wide.
All in all, this is a very light plugin. How it works is it removes the existing My Sites menu and adds in this one plus the previously described functionality.
Using this plugin is very simple. All you have to do is:
better-my-sites-menufolder to the
Network Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Who is this plugin for?
This plugin is for Network Administrators who have users that are members of large numbers of sites on the network.
- What can we expect in future releases?
- Better scrolling
- More customization options
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Better My Sites Menu” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Better My Sites Menu” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release.