This widget allows you to display an Airliners.net aviation picture on your website. You can easily choose between a random picture, the “Top Of Yesterday” picture, or a specific picture by specifying the picture ID in the widget’s parameters.
The widget uses a class called “widget_airliners_widget” allowing you to enforce some rendering, as the default block provided by Airliners.net is black with white writing.
Included is airliners-widget.css style sheet that shows how to get the block with gray writing and transparent background. Feel free to edit this file to suit your needs !
This widget comes out of the box with french and german translations.
This widget also supports shortcodes !
Just add a [airliners] shortcode to any of you posts and you’ll get a random Airliners.net picture by default !
The shortcode supports two parameters : imgtype and imgid.
* imgtype indicates what type of picture you want to show, it can take one of these values : random, yesterday, picture
* imgid sets the id of the specific picture you want to show, if ‘picture’ has been set to imgtype
Shortcode usage samples :
Displays the top of yesterday’s pictures.
[airliners imgtype=’picture’ imgid=’123456′]
Displays the picture corresponding to id ‘123456’.
- Upload the zipfile to the
- Extract and remove it
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Drag the new widget to desired sidebar, choose a title (or not) for the widget and select the image type.
Contributors & Developers
“Airliners Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tested up to WordPress 4.2.2
- Added translation capabilities
- Included french and german translations
- Tested compatibility up to WordPress 3.9
- Initial release